Lesson Planning of Simple Future Tense Subject English Grade 4th

 

Lesson Planning of Simple Future Tense

Subject English

Grade 4th

Students` Learning Outcomes

  • Use simple future tense for expressing actions in future.

Information for Teachers

  • Rules for formation of the tense
  • Subject    +    will / shall     +      1st form of the verb, as;

I , We

Shall

He, She, It, They, SS, PS,

will

  • This tense tells the intentions of people what they are planning for future.

  • To clarify the concept of future tense, add the future time in the tense, as; tomorrow, next day, next week, next month, next year.
  • While teaching the lesson, the teacher should also consult textbook at all steps where and when applicable.

Material / Resources

Writing board, chalk / marker, duster,

Introduction

Activity 1

  • Say / write some of the sentences in simple future tense on the board, as;
  • I shall not come tomorrow.

  • I shall visit / go to my friend`s house tomorrow.

  • Next week, my friend will go to America.

  • Here, define and explain what the simple future tense is and how it is formed (see information for the teachers for help)

Development

Activity 1

  • Ask the students to work in pairs and write 2-3 sentences about what they will do on the weekend.
  • Sleep till 10, go to my uncle`s house, watch a cartoon movie, to park etc. image bicycle
  • I shall ride my bicycle. 

  • I shall watch my favourite movie. 

  • I shall sleep 10 o`clock. Image sleep.

  • I shall go to my dado`s house.

  • I shall go to park. 

Conclusion / Sum up

  • Tell the students that we have learnt how the future tense is formed and used in simple future tense for teacher`s support, help has been provided, however, discuss the sentences made by students with them also.

Assessment

  • Ask 3-4 students randomly in the class, as;
  • Define simple future tense.
  • Which helping verbs are used in this sentence? (Expected answer; Will / Shall)
  • Give some examples of future time.(Expected answer; Tomorrow, next month, next year)
  • Teacher is also required to involve the students in solving the problems given in the exercise at end of unit/chapter.

Follow up

  • Ask the students to write 4-5 sentences about what they will do on Eid-ul-Uza.

  • Give them vocabulary help.
  • Offer prayers, sacrifice goat / cow, wear new clothes, distributes meat, relatives, friends.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lesson Plan of Ascending & Descending Order

Lesson Planning of Gender in Nouns Subject English Grade V

Lesson Planning of Masculine, Feminine and Neuter Genders Subject English Grade 5th